Senior Hardware Engineer
- £35,000 – £45,000 Per Annum
Main purpose of the job
To define, design, create and maintain electronic hardware systems and products, including wired/wireless detectors, panels and other peripherals.
This encompasses existing legacy and next generation designs.
- To design and develop electronic hardware for our range of the next generation wired/wireless products.
- To specify, design & document production test solutions (hardware & software) for new & existing products, manufactured in the UK or other global manufacturing facilities.
- To work as part of a team on complex electronics/software projects being a key member and driving force in the detailed design of the products.
- To work with colleagues & external test solution partners on projects from inception to competition, including evolution of the production test strategy.
- To carry out the product/system interference investigation to make sure the products meet the relevant standards and approvals requirements.
- To deliver the VA/VE activities on design and developing new and existing products for reducing costs & improving function.
- Construction/commissioning of in-house test equipment into manufacturing.
- To ensure products do not infringe any existing patents, trademarks, registered designs, copyrights or other intelligent property rights.
- Product and Tester Documentation
- Manufacturing and Test Documentation/Procedures
- Department Documentation
- Design Reviews
- Support for test and approvals
- Any other task or duty that you may be requested to do by the R&D Team Leaders or Project Managers.
This is a key product/system development role as part of the electronic hardware team within the R&D department.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills Needed
- A relevant hardware/software qualification (Degree or above)
- Hardware development experience (3 years minimum and more than 3 completed projects)
- Design for high volume manufacturing and testing
- Experience in a range of technologies including digital, analogue and lower power electronics (e.g. battery operated)
- Experience with test and instrumentation software/languages such as LabVIEW, VB, C# (C Sharp)
- Familiarity with CAD packages for schematic capture and PCB artwork design
- Strong problem solving skills and good knowledge on the product design technologies.
- Experience with measurement & hardware interface/communication protocols – GPIB (IEEE488), Serial RS232, RS485 and RS422), Ethernet, PXI, USB, LAN etc…
- Experienced in writing design documents and test procedures
- Environmental testing and EMC
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Experience on intruder alarm system and short range wireless devices
- Knowledge of PTC Windchill software
- Cadence/OrCAD software
- Embedded Software
- Knowledge of software revision control systems (Subversion or GIT).
Apply for this role
To apply for this role please use the below link to send us your CV and any supporting information you think relevant for this role. One of our team will be in touch if there is an opportunity to proceed with your application.